Lead Star abides by all state regulations regarding the sale of high capacity magazines. We DO NOT ship high-capacity magazines with firearms to the states listed below. We WILL NOT replace high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines.
It is the customer’s responsibility for understanding state laws regarding magazine capacities. Customers ordering magazines that are illegal to own in their state will have their orders cancelled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee.
- California — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Colorado — No magazines greater than 15 rounds. (Boulder — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.)
- Hawaii — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.(
- (North Chicago — No magazines greater than 16 rounds.)
- (Aurora, Skokie, Evanston — No magazines greater than 15 rounds.)
- (Highland Park, Dolton, Homewood — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.)
- New York — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- New Jersey — No magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Vermont — No magazines over 10 rounds.
- Washington — No magazines greater than 10 rounds, effective July 1, 2022.
Lead Star will not ship high capacity magazines for CA customers to a High Capacity Magazine Dealer. High Capacity Magazine Dealers in CA may place orders with Lead Star directly.
Magazine Restriction Exceptions
- Law enforcement officers must provide both their credentials and a letterhead signed by their department's superior officer stating that the magazine will either be used in the execution of the L.E.O.'s duties, or off duty. Lead Star only recognizes City Police Officers, County Sheriff Deputies, and State Police (including Highway Patrol) as L.E.O.’s.
- Some of the states listed above may not have L.E.O. exemptions. Please contact us BEFORE placing your order.