The customer is responsible for knowing his/her state laws regarding firearm transfers. Contact your local FFL dealer with any questions regarding the sale or transfer of firearms. Contact your local FFL before ordering a firearm to verify their transfer fee and to ensure they will receive your transfer. The customer assumes all responsibility and cost for returned firearms due to FFL refusal or failure to receive.
If you order a handgun, stockless shotgun, complete AR or AK receiver, or stripped lower receiver, YOU MUST be:
- A legal resident of the state in which you are ordering.
- 21 years of age or older to complete the transfer through your FFL.
Exceptions: Military personnel stationed in a state other than their legal residence may purchase firearms across state lines. Contact your local FFL receiving the transfer as you may have to provide proof of deployment, residence, etc.
Please follow all directions prompted to you at checkout. This will ensure speedier delivery. Please note that the FFL selection on our website is for customer convenience only and does not necessarily mean that Lead Star has the FFL selected on file. The customer may be asked to provide the FFL information that they wish to use. If a customer wishes to change the FFL they want to use after the order has shipped, they will be additionally charged for the cost of shipping. If a FFL is not available at the time of delivery, the package will not be held at the carrier hub and will be returned to Lead Star. Additional shipping charges will apply to orders that need to be reshipped.
- Lead Star will not ship ANY serialized items to the state of New York.
- Lead Star will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia (Washington D.C.).
- Lead Star will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
- Lead Star will not ship ANY items to the state of Connecticut.
- Lead Star will not ship ANY items to Chicago, Illinois, Cook County, Illinois, or Deerfield, Illinois.
- Lead Star will not ship ANY AR or AK Firearms (Including Receivers) to residents of Aurora, Highland Park, Deerfield, or Cook County, Illinois.
- All firearms sales to Puerto Rico residents are subject to review. Please send in a copy of your Puerto Rico-Issued weapons license after placing your order to email@example.com. Allow up to 3-5 business days for additional processing.
Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- New York
Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- Colorado (Boulder, Denver, Vail)
- New Jersey
- New York
Non-Compliant AR & AK models will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- New Jersey
Please note that Lead Star DOES NOT ship high-capacity magazines with firearms to the states listed above. We WILL NOT replace high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines.
Shipping Restriction Exceptions
- Law enforcement officers must provide both their credentials and a letterhead signed by their department's superior officer stating that the firearm will be used in the execution of the L.E.O.'s duties. Lead Star only recognizes City Police Officers, County Sheriff Deputies, and State Police (including Highway Patrol) as L.E.O.’s.
- Some of the states listed above may not have L.E.O. exemptions. Please contact us BEFORE placing your order.
- Lead Star does NOT ship directly to L.E.O.’s; the order must go to an FFL. Lead Star does NOT make exceptions for this policy.