Engineered for best in class performance, this ultralight series of rifles are made for agility and speed. With an unmistakable design appeal, it is a standout that performs even better than it looks.
- Upper Receiver: Fully CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for extreme precision and enhanced durability. Skeletonized for further weight reduction. Flat top picatinny design for versatility in mounting optics and other enhanced components. CNC engraved numbered rail system. Lead Star's truss system design reinforces key areas for increased strength without added weight. M4 feed ramps for added reliability.
- Lower Receiver: Incorporates the enhanced features of the upper receiver and also includes the TracStar™ magwell with full traction design. Designed for the operator to grip and maintain weapon control even in the most extreme conditions. Beveled magwell entry allows faster magazine changes. Skeletonized for further weight reduction. Tension device to maintain rigidity between upper and lower receivers. Rear detent spring capture device to facilitate easier removal of buffer tube. Built in trigger guard eliminates the need for a flip down trigger guard.
- 15" Handguard: CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum for extreme precision and enhanced durability. Unique design offers ultra capture around the barrel nut eliminating the requirement for anti-rotation tabs. Eliminates harmonics from attached accessories greatly improving weapon accuracy. Four picatinny slots at the 12 o'clock position for mounting back up sights. M-LOK slots at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and full length M-LOK at the 6 o'clock position for mounting only the picatinny rail needed or accessories.
- Fire Control Group: Enhanced Hiperfire® EDT2 duty trigger with a hint of creep and a clean break. Best in class fast/postitive reset.
- Barrel: Match grade 416R stainless steel pencil profile 16" barrel with black nitride QPQ finish. 5R rifling for the greatest accuracy. 1:8 Twist. Utilizes a .223 Wylde chamber that minimizes bullet jump to the rifling increasing accuracy and can be used to shoot either 5.56 NATO and .223 ammunition. Nickel Boron barrel extension for increased lubricity . Magnetic particle inspected with 11 degree target crown.
- Gas Block: Micro style steel for light weight and increased durability.
- Bolt Carrier Group: M16 profile with properly staked gas key.
- Finish: Type III Class 2 hard coat anodized.
- Gas System: Direct impingement with mid length gas system to reduce recoil and minimize wear on moving parts.
- Muzzle Device: Enhanced design compensator dramatically reduces recoil. Unique geometry minimizes muzzle rise for faster follow up shots. Side gas port counteracts barrel twist produced by projectile spin. Pre-drilled on bottom for pinning muzzle brake to barrel. Precision CNC machined steel. Black nitride coating for durability in extreme conditions.
- Grip: Magpul® K2+ black grip with rubber over mold for maximum weapon control in all conditions. Compatible with optional Magpul® storage cores that house items such as spare batteries, bolt and firing pin core, and lube bottle.
- Stock: MFT Battlelink™ Minimalist lightweight with 6 position adjustment.
- Magazine: Comes standard with 1 Magpul® 30 Round MOE® PMAG® black magazine.
- Weight: 5.6 lbs
Please allow up to 12 weeks for shipment. Please contact us for current lead times.
This serialized item requires shipment to a FFL (Federal Firearms License) Dealer. Contact your FFL and request your dealer email a copy of their FFL to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and order number in the subject line. Order cannot legally be fulfilled until receipt of FFL. If you have any questions about the process of buying a serialized item, please call us and we will be glad to help you.
Please see our Shipping Policy for shipments to AWB states. By proceeding with ordering, you agree to comply with local, state, and federal laws and understand that Lead Star Arms also complies with them.